Acceptance onto the course is at the discretion of the Course Director. We judge your suitability for the course by means of a pre-interview language awareness task, followed by an interview including a written task and discussion of teaching and learning experiences.
Trinity’s essential entry requirements for applicants are:
- minimum age 18 on entry to the course
- trainees should hold qualifications suitable for entry to higher education (a degree is preferable, but IB or A-levels or equivalent are accepted, along with evidence of academic motivation and relevant skills and experience)
- competence in written and spoken English appropriate to a teacher of English (minimum CEFR C1, IELTS 7.0, GESE 10 or equivalent)
- a basic awareness of structural aspects of the English language, and its application in a teaching context
- the willingness to work cooperatively as a member of the training group and respond constructively to feedback on personal performance
- the ability to work well to deadlines in an intensive study environment, and the ability to deal with pressure and the strict time and energy demands of this rigorous course.